A little about the Store
Ewelme Village Store is a not-for-profit community initiative, run and operated by a paid manager and local volunteers. Any profits made will either be re-invested in the store or the local community.
The store sells fresh local produce, wherever possible, together with a range of basic, competatively priced foodstuffs. As well as traditional village store items, Ewelme Village Store contains a Tea Room, serving hot and cold beverages and cakes baked on the premises.
In line with our commitment to the community the store also offers a range of services.
Cook: homemade frozen meals in individual portions
Dry Goods: Bread, soup, confectionary, tinned products, pasta, spaghetti, sauces, cooking oil, flour, sugar, baked beans, cereals, biscuits, crisps, gravy, baby food, home made cakes, jams/chutneys/honey/mustard.
Drinks: Coffee, tea, wines and spirits, beer, hot chocolate, soft drinks, fruit juice.
Chiller: Milk, cream, butter, margarine, yoghurt, cold meat, smoked salmon, cheese, pate, bacon, sausages, chicken, fish.
Freezer: Ice cream, peas, mixed veg, fish fingers, pizza, chips, quiche.
Household Items Stocked:
Washing powder, conditioner, washing up liquid, cleaning cloths, scourers, kitchen towel, soap, loo rolls, polish, bleach, nappies, toothpaste/brushes, laces, tights, light bulbs – energy, pegs, batteries, firelighters, tin foil, cling film, bin bags, shampoo, conditioner, cotton wool/buds.
Other Items Stocked:
Cigarettes, newspapers, maps, pet food, bags, pharmaceuticals, postcards, cards, stationery.
We are pleased to offer tea, coffee and homemade cakes either to eat in or take away. In addition we sell filled rolls, quiche, sausage rolls etc for lunch.
If you are unable to get to the shop, and would like us to deliver to your home, please call us on 01491834467 and give us a list of your requirements, your phone number and address. We will call you back, usually within 30 minutes and let you know the total cost of what you would like to buy and ask you how you would like to pay. If you are able to pay with cash, and let us know which note you are paying with, we will bring the correct change, together with a receipt when we deliver.
Free Wi-Fi for Our Customers
You are welcome to use the Wi-Fi service available in the shop. A small donation would be appreciated.
Would you like to join the Ewelme Oil Syndicate?
Ewelme Store has set up a Ewelme Oil Syndicate (currently 71 members) with PaceFuelcare in Watlington, to deliver oil to the village at better than market rates on the day of delivery.
PaceFuelcare has agreed to;
- make 3 deliveries a year, in November, January and May.
- make an optional heavy user delivery in September
- provide a price per litre that is at least 3-4p per litre cheaper than competitors on the day of delivery
- make Ewelme Syndicate scheduled deliveries a priority in bad weather
What you need to do to join;
- call PaceFuelcare on 01491 613224 and advise them that you would like to join the syndicate. They will send you a welcome pack to confirm your membership of the syndicate.
What happens next?
- you will automatically be added to the delivery schedule.
- PLEASE NOTE that if you do not want a delivery, it is your responsibility to advise PaceFuelcare direct
- if you need to provide access to your tank, please ask PaceFuelcare to contact you prior to a delivery so that appropriate access can be organised